PhD/Doctorate in Management
PhD/DOCTORATE IN MANAGEMENT - UNIVERSIDAD EAN
PhD/DOCTORATE IN ENTREPRENEURIAL SCIENCES - UNIVERSIDAD ANTONIO DE NEBRIJA
SNIES code: 101385 Registry given by the Colombian Ministry of Education.
Length of the Program: Students have to take a total of 80 Colombian academic credits during three years.
Degree granted: Students who fulfill all academic requirements will be granted with the following degrees: Doctor en Gestión (Ph.D. in Management) granted by Universidad EAN, duly recognized in Colombia.
Doctor en Ciencias Empresariales (Ph.D. in Entrepreneurial Sciences) granted by Universidad Antonio de Nebrija, as oficial degree duly recognized in the European Community. To be granted with the Spanish degree, students have to travel to Universidad Antonio de Nebrija to defend their thesis before the Committee. (Transportation, housing or any other related costs are paid by the student).
A Ph.D. in Management from Universidad EAN is a researcher able to increase productivity and competitiveness, and develop sustainable entrepreneurial processes in organizations by:
- Managing sustainable and competitive organizations with a future prospective and innovation in the global context.
- Leading changing and productive innovation processes by applying his/her own useful and approriate knowledge.
- Designing and applying advanced consulting techniques that include innovative elements to face social and business challenges in a global competitive environment.
- Leading research processes aiming at providing useful knowledge to improve processes of competitiveness, innovation and sustainability of companies or their stakeholders.
- Aplying and transfering knowledge to the different areas of the company in order to strengthen constant improvement, innovation and value added processes.
- Leading international research and managerial networks that develop innovative solutions by applying his/her own knowledge to foster the improvement of companies.
- Promoting knowledge progress and advancement in the world managerial field.
- Understanding aspects related to ethics and social responsibility and their relation to different environments.
- Interpreting and analyzing the organizational environment and planing managerial proposals to supply the needs and requirements of interested parties.
Main Objective of the Program
To train doctoral researchers in the field of management who add useful and meaningful knowledge to foster the advancement of managerial disciplines and who follow a social empowerment process to promote the dynamism of companies and economic areas. Thus, increasing the community welfare.
Universidad EAN trains doctors who contribute to the development of competitiveness and productivity of public and private companies able to work as:
- Leaders in organizational innovation
- Organizational researchers and developers
- Business consultants
- Top executives in any organization
- R&D Leaders
- Directors of the society
Ph.D. in Management at Universidad EAN proposes a high level training scenario where the University and companies interact. It is necessary for the Ph.D. candidate to be supported by a company from the beginning of his/her studies in order to apply his/her knowledge by developing his doctoral thesis. A combination of theory and practice allows Ph.D. candidates offer organizations their useful knowledge referring innovation, sustainability, value added, improvement in productivity and competitiveness.
More Meaningful added Value
- First doctoral Program in Colombia to be developed in three years and emphasizing the development of research applied in management from the beginning of the Program. This action research is directly applied on an organization allowing the Ph.D. candidate to produce new knowledge in management, entrepreneurial transformation and change, creativity, competitiveness and managerial improvement in public, prívate and non-profit organizations.
- Optional doublé-degree Program with Universidad Antonio de Nebrija, recognized in the European Community, when candidates defend their thesis before the committee organized at Universidad Antonio de Nebrija.
- The combination of theory and practice makes this Program the only one in Colombia. It trains doctors to work for organizations from any business area, supporting and leading processes to increase productivity and competitiveness in organizations.
- From the beginning of the Program, candidates must be supported by a company for their doctoral thesis. It is a differential aspect of this Program, which combined with the educational approach of Universidad EAN, promotes the development of managerial competencies necessary to promote change in organizations.
- The Ph.D. in Management is a member of a differential network of alumni from a well-known University because of its contribution to managerial and entrepreneurial topics. The University also has the world-class accreditation by the ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs), a leading international specialized accreditation association based in the United States.
- The development of the research process in this doctoral Program is supported by the MAIA (Modelo Armonizado de Investigación Aplicada) from Universidad EAN, an applied research business research model that fosters transfer of useful knowledge into the organizations. In addition, this model also encourages Ph.D. candidates to develop strong research processes applied to management.