Postgraduate Diploma in Insurance Management
“It is essential for the organizations involved in the insurance industry to link human talents committed to the internal management or to the negotiations aimed at meeting the demands of their markets when considering that there are close links between the economic dynamism of a nation and the work addressed by the organizations belonging to such industry. Since economic growth prospects are positive, it is obvious to expect proportional results in the work undertaken by this industry. Consequently, by developing the postgraduate program in Insurance Senior Management, Universidad EAN provides the insurance industry with professionals able to be competent in the knowledge of the environment influencing the strategies and policies implemented by the companies belonging to the insurance business, in the interpretation of the relevant legal framework to sing contracts, in the objective assessment of risks, and in the process for making financial, marketing and human resource management decisions aimed at complying with the objectives set by these companies.”
“To intervene in the integral development of the leaders required by the insurance sector, driving competitiveness and creating value in the organizations that make up the sector"
SNIES Code with Registered Qualification: 52788
With the support of: FASECOLDA (Federation of Colombian Insurers) and INS (National Insurance Institute)
Duration of Program: In order to satisfactorily complete the Postgraduate Diploma in Insurance Management, each student must take and pass 26 academic credits, of which two credits correspond to a final research paper.
Title Granted: Specialist in Insurance Management
- Apply ethical principles in conducting business.
- Identify, formulate and evaluate viable business opportunities which can be converted into actual business initiatives.
- Analyze trends, current conditions and the specific perspective of economic phenomena that influence the operation of the insurance sector.
- Formulate, develop and evaluate competitive strategies that contribute to the creation of value, commercial consolidation and organizational prestige.
- Intervene as a manager or assessor in the selection of the insurance required by the business sector, government agencies and families.
- Interpret legal matters, organizational structure and the nature of the relationship between agents in the sector.
- Have a global vision of business that allows for the exploration, identification, formulation and Evaluation of financing and investment opportunities in the local and international economic sphere.
- Design, apply and interpret management and performance indicators in the missionary, management and support processes developed by organizations in the insurance sector.
- Level of strategic thinking in the formulation and execution of commercial, financial and human resource management strategies which are coherent with decisions made in other areas of the organization and which are in keeping with strategic objectives.
- Transfer and production of knowledge inside the classroom is based on continuous analysis of case studies.
- Possibility of validating credits in order to complete other postgraduate programs offered by Universidad EAN
- Autonomous learning is supported by virtual classrooms that allow fro independent research
- Schedule of academic activities does not interfere with the professional life of the student.
- The teachers have important positions in the public and private sector and an academic track record in their service to some of the most prominent universities in Colombia.
- The textbooks and material used in the course is prepared by the teachers and provided by the University
With the support of: